Get Paid $1,000 to Watch Business Movies
Entrepreneurs are inspired everywhere they go, from their favorite coffee shop to their own living room, watching their favorite movies. A big idea can come from anywhere! LeadMD’s Catalyst Podcast is all about telling those stories to inspire others. Just like you can learn about best business practices from our podcast, you can learn business do’s and don’ts based on cinematic interpretations of company stories. While dramatized for entertainment, the bones of that business are there, and we want to know how you would apply those concepts to your own company if you were to start one.
That’s why we’re looking for an aspiring entrepreneur to analyze business movies and identify the common good and bad practices of these legendary companies. We’ll be enlisting someone to watch 12 business movies (plus a Catalyst podcast), review their best and worst practices, and describe where everything seemed to go right or wrong. In return, we’ll be awarding the person $1000 in cash!
You can see all of the details about this contest below, including what you’ll need to do if you win, the movies you can choose from, what you’ll need to do in order to apply, and who our ideal applicant is.
Scroll all the way down the page to read the rules, then you can apply on the form at the bottom of the page!
THE JOB YOU’RE APPLYING FOR
We will provide the contest winner with a list of movies to review. As you watch them, we will ask you to fill out a worksheet that includes questions such as the following:
- What kind of business is featured?
- What are the best business practices featured?
- What are the worst business practices featured?
- Was the business a success?
You’ll receive a separate form to complete for each movie you watch. All movies will need to be reviewed and all worksheets will need to be completed by October 30, 2020.
The prize will be a $1,000 payment and access to each of the movies you select through Amazon!
Movies You’ll Watch
- The Big Short
- The Social Network
- Jerry Maguire
- The Devil Wears Prada
- The Founder
- Wall Street
- Erin Brockovich
- 1 LeadMD Catalyst Podcast of your choice
OUR IDEAL APPLICANT
We’re looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit to watch 12 movies from our list and write reviews about them. Apply in the form below if you think you have what it takes, but take a look at our ideal applicant to get a sense if you’re a good fit for the job.
The ideal applicant will have:
- An overall love of movies
- A passion for business
- Strong attention to detail – nothing gets past you!
- The ability and availability to take watch 12 movies in a month
Additionally, applicants must be 18 years or older and a US citizen or permanent resident to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Fill out the application below and tell us why you’re the perfect person for this job. The job application will be open until August 30th, 2020. We’ll select and notify the winner by September 30, 2020.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The rules of the competition and the prize for the winner are as follows:
- The promoter of this competition is LeadMD, LLC (herein LEADMD) whose principal office is located at 15001 N 74th St. Suite A Scottsdale, Arizona 85260.
- Employees of LEADMD or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to administrate the competition shall not be permitted to enter or win the competition.
- Persons must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of maturity under the laws of the state where you reside, in order to participate.
- Only residents of the United States are eligible to participate.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS COMPETITION. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of winning.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are available via https://LeadMD.com. Individuals may enter to win at the following location, https://forms.gle/ZJqVL4gzfHLBL4hRA (Participation Link) accessible by clicking on the Participation Link on LeadMD’s website. Upon clicking the Participation Link, entrants will be asked to provide their name and contact information so that LEADMD can notify the winner of the results.
- Closing date for entry will be August 30, 2020. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- Only one winner will be selected from the entire pool of eligible entries. The selection process will be at the discretion of LEADMD. The winner will be required to complete certain tasks designated by LEADMD. If the winner does not follow through with the tasks required of them, they will not receive the cash prize of $1,000.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 3 days at the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 24 hours of notification, LEADMD reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and to pick a replacement winner.
- The winner specifically acknowledges that the reward package shall be provided and fulfilled by LEADMD and that the contest is in no way affiliated with the tours or businesses included in the contest.
- LeadMD will notify the winner of when and where the prize can be collected.
- The winner will receive a reward package in the mail.
- No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and LEADMD reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material.
- LeadMD’s decisions with respect to all matters relating to the competition will be final, and inquiry responses will be issued at the sole discretion of LEADMD.
Meet Andrea Lechner-Becker
Andrea Lechner-Becker’s bio reads like someone who filled out a what-should-I-be-when-I-grow-up quiz and decided to try every option. Fueled by endless curiosity, Andrea has never met a problem she didn’t want to solve. This led her to managing sales and marketing at an art gallery, then loyalty and email marketing strategy for an NBA team and arena, then the delivery team at LeadMD, followed by a stint as a novelist and culminating with her current role as CMO of LeadMD. With a decade of experience in dynamic marketing roles, Andrea has had the opportunity to work with the most brilliant marketing minds at the best companies in the world. #hugemarketingdork