None of us have a crystal ball to see into the future, but decades in the business gives LeadMD CEO Justin Gray unique insights into how the new year may unfold in the wake of COVID-19. And according to Justin, a successful 2021 will hinge on returning to the fundamentals.
In a recent episode of The Summit Podcast, host Kyle Hamer and Justin discuss the state of the economy and state of business pre- and post-COVID, including why marketers need to be grounded in the basics, such as knowing your customer, understanding why they buy, and making sure you’re addressing their pain points. They also discuss the role of technology and how organizations should reevaluate their tech stack.
Other key takeaways include:
- How organizations can remain competitive as industries stabilize
- Processes to drive revenue engines forward – and what supports and stands in the way
- Two approaches to SEO and bringing humanness back to SEO strategy
- The importance of putting the buyer first and building authentic relationships
- Why COVID is an opportunity for organizations to zoom up to see where they’re succeeding and what areas they need to work on
Find more highlights by listening to the entire episode of “Back to the Basics: Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Technology and COVID” here.
Meet Andrea Lechner-Becker
Andrea Lechner-Becker’s bio reads like someone who filled out a what-should-I-be-when-I-grow-up quiz and decided to try every option. Fueled by endless curiosity, Andrea has never met a problem she didn’t want to solve. This led her to managing sales and marketing at an art gallery, then loyalty and email marketing strategy for an NBA team and arena, then the delivery team at LeadMD, followed by a stint as a novelist and culminating with her current role as CMO of LeadMD. With a decade of experience in dynamic marketing roles, Andrea has had the opportunity to work with the most brilliant marketing minds at the best companies in the world. #hugemarketingdork