This week’s Driven & Co. podcast features Jesse Lakes, founder of GeniusLink, an intelligent link management company. In this episode, host Justin Gray hears how Jesse became an expert in affiliate programs, parlayed his “endless summer” lifestyle into a job at Apple, and why he left to pursue the rampant problem of geo-fragmented audiences across business platforms.
“The goal is to build a sustainable business and push as hard and quickly as we can until the market corrects itself,” Jesse said.
Other highlights from this episode include:
- When Jesse educated himself on iTunes affiliate model and wrote a book, and the unexpected twist of Apple offering him a job
- Perks of working for Apple as well as the downsides of a corporate gig that led him to go out on his own
- The reason he and his co-founders gave themselves a year to decide if their company would work, and how they hustled during that time to get the company off the ground
- Pivots GeniusLink made to its model to recover after having the rug pulled out from under them by e-commerce giants
- The ways GeniusLink is bridging the gap for large companies who haven’t solved their geo-fragmentation issues
Plus, tune into other episodes to learn about the zigs and zags entrepreneurs take to succeed.