B2B marketers are a seasoned but skeptical bunch, having been lured by shiny objects in the past and hesitant to fall prey to short-lived trends again. So as intent data continues to gain traction, it gives way to the question: is it a crystal ball or a hoax?
In this webinar, LeadMD’s Andrea Lechner-Becker (CMO) and Kirsten Markson (Go-To-Market Practice Lead at LeadMD) are joined by TOPO’s Eric Wittlake (Senior Analyst) to talk about intent data and give insights into how people are using it and what successes they’re having.
Top 3 Takeaways:
- Intent data and engagement data are not the same thing. Intent data is from third parties and other channels than your own. This data shows research people are doing on other websites. Engagement data is first party data from your own channels. This data shows who is responding to your marketing.
- Accessing intent data isn’t like flipping a switch on or off. You can’t set it and forget it. Intent data works by identifying key terms and categories you want to monitor. Then, when a buying committee starts its search for a solution, you get notifications that people are looking and how they’re going about it. That means understanding your triggers to make changes and continuously refining your keywords, categories and data stream.
- High growth companies and early adopters are investing in intent data. LeadMD conducted the State of Lead Management and Prioritization Survey in August 2020. Of those surveyed, 25% reported using data intent software, 24% reported using lead scoring and 38% reported using data enrichment software to manage and prioritize their buyer intelligence –– all respondents reported finding intent data as extremely effective, very effective or moderately effective in improving their marketing performance.
Keep watching to find out:
- How effective intent data is at improving marketing performance (18:00)
- An overview of prioritization (23:50) and messaging (26:53) of intent data
- Insights on how vendors collect intent data (35:50)
- How to get buy-in from sales so they take action on intent data (39:55)
- What privacy and compliance guidelines should marketers be thinking about? (43:15)
Plus, Greg Bell, Head of Product Marketing at 6sense, dives further into intent data and how marketers can use it here.
Meet Andrea Lechner-Becker
Andrea Lechner-Becker’s bio reads like someone who filled out a what-should-I-be-when-I-grow-up quiz and decided to try every option. Fueled by endless curiosity, Andrea has never met a problem she didn’t want to solve. This led her to managing sales and marketing at an art gallery, then loyalty and email marketing strategy for an NBA team and arena, then the delivery team at LeadMD, followed by a stint as a novelist and culminating with her current role as CMO of LeadMD. With a decade of experience in dynamic marketing roles, Andrea has had the opportunity to work with the most brilliant marketing minds at the best companies in the world. #hugemarketingdork