On this week’s episode of the Marketing Evangelist Network, host Justin Gray welcomes Scott Gainey to the show. As CMO of Cherwell Software, Scott drives all marketing activities aimed at increasing the company’s brand within the enterprise service management market, while accelerating pipeline and revenue growth through close collaboration with sales.
In this episode, Justin and Scott discuss:
- What it takes to have truly successful ABM adoption
- Organizations agreeing to certain KPIs and benchmarking metrics (and working backwards from there to reach those goals)
- How to both differentiate a brand while building a pipeline
- How CMO and marketing roles have evolved into being performance metric focused (and the different ways technology and data helps)
- Qualities CMOs look for in hiring marketing talent and knowing when it’s time to outsource certain types of work
Looking for more marketing expertise? Check out more of our favorite Marketing Evangelist Network videos!
Meet Justin Gray
Justin is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and founder of LeadMD, the world’s largest revenue operations agency having implemented over half of the Marketo user base. Justin has made a career of launching successful companies and scaling them, with successful exits of over 200MM+ in the last decade. Justin’s latest endeavor launched in 2016 when he co-founded Six Bricks an online learning startup designed to combat employee and customer churn through experience-based education. Over the past 10 years, Justin has emerged as a strong voice for entrepreneurship, marketing and culture. As a recognized speaker, Justin has been published over 350 times in industry publications and holds his own column, Tribal Knowledge in Inc., while writing for Entrepreneur, Tech Crunch and others. Justin and his wife Jennifer met over marketing and three years later welcomed their son, Grayson, into the world in April of 2017.